NOTE: the Bayside R/C Club airfield closed at the end of September 2010. No new memberships are available and no new flying or driving site has been found.
Google Maps location map link.
To sign up for club related emailings, please enter your information on this web page
Here are some quick facts about the Bayside R/C Club:
- The field was located in Fremont, California. Fremont is in the San Francisco Bay Area, on the South-East side of the Bay.
- The club flies year around from a 400 ft paved runway.
- We are an AMA chartered club(#1411) .
- The club is always open for membership upon payment of appropriate fees and proof of AMA insurance.
- The club is mostly sport fliers, with about 30% of the membership actively participating in helicopter flying.
- Club meetings are held the second Thursday of each month.
- The meeting location is “The Hangar” near the corner of Willow and Central in Newark. Take the dirt road which is at that corner toward the Bay and you will pass by The Hangar. Meetings start at 7:30 P.M. and visitors are welcome.
In order to fly at Bayside at any time, you must:
- Be a member, or the specified guest of a member flying that day.
- Have an aircraft which has successfully passed technical inspection.
- Fly only when a Field Marshal is present.
- Display a current AMA membership card, even if you are not a club member.
Additional information about the club:
- All Bayside Instructors are Club Field Marshals.
- You cannot fly at Bayside without a Field Marshal present.
- Club instructors are the only Club members certified to give aircraft technical inspections.
- Technical inspection guidelines are provided to allow you to get your aircraft ready for inspection. You cannot fly any aircraft at Bayside without it having successfully passed a technical inspection.
- If you are interested in becoming a Field Marshal, your should contact the Chief Field Marshal.
- The full set of club rules and regulations can be found here.
Field Address via Google Maps:
View Larger Map